UPDATE! GOOD UPDATE! NEWS!
So, today I spent most of the day cutting and pasting and swearing and exporting and grumbling and drinking tea. It looks like we are one step away from publishing a book – an incredible achievement when you consider the original ‘anybody fancy doing this?’ blog post only went out in mid July
I have just sent the review copy off to People Management – that is quick.
Simon Heath, who designed the cover, spent a chunk of the day at my house, sipping tea and solving problems. We have one problem left which is that when I move the book from Pressbooks (where we designed it) to Kindle it opens in the middle of the index. This isn’t the end of the world, but it is far from ideal.
I hope a couple of service calls I’ve put in will resolve the issue and the next button I get to press on Amazon says ‘SAVE AND PUBLISH’.
I’d extend thanks to lots of people – several are mentioned in the book – but Peter Cheese, CEO of the CIPD spent his Sunday writing me a foreword. That is a classy and supportive thing to do.
So what can you do to help if you are an author or want to support the project?
- Tweet and Linkedin when we launch – Google + if you can and certainly Facebook
- Remember it is all for charity
- Consider updating your LinkedIn profile with the book cover or something imaginative
- Talk to people – you’ve been part of an amazing community journey, share that. We have inspiring content but we also have an amazing story
- Enjoy it – if you weren’t before you are now a published author
I’ll let you know more when I’ve stopped breaking things.